The Water Level Sensor has been upgraded quite a bit. I added another sensor, for the second sump pit, but the biggest addition is the GPRS-module (to the left.) So now, if the water level rises above a set trigger level, the house will send me a text message.
I don’t expect that to happen any time soon but if it happens you can be sure that I won’t be there to notice until too late. Well, not any more, at least not as long as all the electronics work and I remember to charge the SIM regularly.
I rewrote most of the software in Arduino 1.0 and added automatic logging to a Google Docs spreadsheet. That works nicely for keeping an eye on things when online. Also I’ll be able to make all sorts of (useless) statistics.
There are more details coming up with source code and detailed explanations but I’m not really there yet. Just leave a comment if you have questions and I’ll provide as many answers as I can.